- Supports Gastrointestinal Function
- Supports Bowel Regularity
Cape aloe has been used for thousands of years to promote the health of epithelial tissue, including the bowel lining. Cape aloe contains a class of phytonutrient compounds called anthraquinone glycosides. When ingested, these compounds are activated through bacterial metabolism in the gut, promote water retention in the stool, and stimulate peristalsis in the large intestine. By causing active chloride secretion, cape aloe increases the water and electrolyte content in the stool and eases elimination without artificial additives and cramping associated with other therapies.
Super Aloe is intended for the relief of occasional constipation. Cape aloe, the solid residue obtained by evaporating liquid aloe ferox, has been shown in the research to affect regularity due to its influence on colon peristalsis, which it triggers to contract, resulting in accelerated intestinal passage. This formulation Super Aloe is available as 250 and 450 mg capsules, two potencies to provide tailored natural support for elimination.
1 capsule at bedtime (allow 24 hours before redosing) or as recommended by your health care professional
Despite the lack of published studies, aloe preparations have been in the United States Pharmacopoeia for more than 100 years. Anecdotal evidence suggests cape aloe supports normal inflammatory response in the gastrointestinal tract. Studies demonstrate that cape aloe increases stool bulk and bowel transit time and improves microflora balance. Cape aloe also supports the colon to help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
Despite the lack of published studies, aloe preparations have been in the United States Pharmacopoeia for over 100 years. Anecdotal evidence suggests cape aloe supports normal inflammatory response in the gastrointestinal tract. A 2011 animal study showed cape aloe to have stool softening properties in a 200 mg/kg of body weight.5 Studies demonstrate that cape aloe increases stool bulk and bowel transit time and
improves microflora balance.6 Cape aloe also supports the colon to help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.7
1 capsule at bedtime (allow 24 hours before redosing) or as recommended by your health care professional.
Does Not Contain
Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.
For occasional use only. This product contains Cape Aloe (Aloe Ferox). Do not use this if you develop diarrhea or abdominal pain. Consult your health professional if you have frequent diarrhea (DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT). Nursing mothers should contact their health professionals.
1. Yagi T, Yamauchi K, Kuwano S. The synergistic purgative action of aloe-emodin anthrone and rhein anthrone in mice: synergism in large intestinal propulsion and water secretion. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1997 Jan;49(1):22-5.
2. Yagi T, Yamauchi K. Synergistic effects of anthraquinones on the purgative activity of rhein anthrone in mice. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1999 Jan;51(1):93-5.
3. Ishii Y, Takino Y, Toyo’oka T, Tanizawa H. Studies of aloe. VI. cathartic effect of isobarbaloin. Biol Pharm Bull. 1998 Nov;21(11):1226-7.
4. Akao T, Che Q, Kobashi K, Hattori M, Namba T. A purgativeaction of barbaloin is induced by eubacterium sp. strain BAR, a human intestinal anaerobe, capable of transforming barbaloin to aloe-emodin anthrone. Biol Pharm Bull. 1996 Jan;19(1):136-8.
5. Wintola OA, Sunmonu TO, Afolayan AJ. The effect of aloe ferox mill. in the treatment of loperamide-induced
constipation in wistar rats. BMC Gastroenterol. 2010 Aug 19;10(1):95.
6. Robinson, M. Medical therapy of inflammatory bowel disease for the 21st century. Eur J Surg Suppl. 1998
7. Shimpo K, Chihara T, Beppu H, Ida C, Kaneko T, Nagatsu T, Kuzuya H. Inhibition of azoxymethane-induced aberrant crypt foci formation in rat colorectum by whole leaf Aloe arborescens Miller var. natalensis berger. Phytotherapy Research. 2001 Dec 1;15(8):705-11.