Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG is one of the best characterized and widely utilized probiotic strains, with numerous clinical trials across all ages. It is a human origin strain, selected for its resistance togastric acidity, adhesion properties, and ability to support healthy gut microflora. Studies involving infants and children suggest that supplementation with L. rhamnosus GG supports healthy G.I. colonization, G.I. function, and immune function, particularly related to skin and respiratory health.1,2 In a study involving children ages 1-7 attending daycare, L. rhamnosus GG offered statistically significant support for respiratory and immune health.3 Studies involving pregnant women suggest supplementation supports healthy gut microflora in the infant, as well as nutrient metabolism during pregnancy. In one study, infants whose mothers had received L. rhamnosus GG during pregnancy showed increased bifidobacterial diversity at Day 5 after birth.4 L. rhamnosus GG is well known for its favorable effects on bowel function, particularly abdominal comfort, bowel motility and occasional diarrhea.5 Studies involving infants and children suggest that supplementation with L. rhamnosus GG supports healthy G.I. colonization and G.I. function.6 It also promotes cytokine balance in the G.I. tract at the level of gene expression, and overall immunomodulatory support.7 In a double-blind, crossover study, L. rhamnosus GG supplementation moderated the neutrophil and monocyte immune response in dairy-challenged, milk-sensitive subjects, while promoting immune function in nonsensitive subjects.8 In another study, L. rhamnosus GG promoted healthy gene expression to supportwhite blood cell (WBC) function. Elderly subjects supplemented for 28 days showed 95 differentially expressed genes related to cellular movement, cell-to-cell signaling, and cytokine response.9‡
Benefits & Features
- Highly researched Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG to support immune, G.I., and overall health across all ages‡
- Human origin strain, selected for its resistance to gastric acidity, adhesion properties, and ability to support healthy gut microflora‡
- Provides 25 billion CFU per capsule, one of the most characterized and clinically studied probiotic strains on the market
- Soy-free, dairy-free formulation
- Made with high-quality vegetarian ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy immune system support‡
- G.I. support‡
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with or between meals.
Science & Research
- Manzoni et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2006;42, 1735-42.
- Hatakka et al. BMJ 2001, 322(7298), 1327.
- Hojsak et al. Clin Nutr 2010; 29, 312-6.
- Gueimonde et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr.2006, 42, 166-70.
- Guandalini et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr,2000:30(1), 54-60
- Sindhu KN, et al. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Apr;58(8):1107-15.
- Burton KJ, et al. Br J Nutr. 2017; May;117(9):1312-22.
- Pelto et al. Clin Exp Allergy 1998;28(12), 1474-79.
- Solano-Aguilar G, et al. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 9;11(2):e0147426.
Probiotics may be contraindicated for immunocompromised individuals. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are immunocompromised, or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Store in a cool, dry place.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG is a human origin strain, and grown on an allergen-free medium without gluten, dairy or soy.
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine.