Nordic Naturals ProEFA is an omega-3 (from fish oil), omega-6 (from organic borage oil), and omega-9 combination. Nordic Naturals provides EPA, DHA, and GLA, important for proper cell signaling and membrane flexibility. ProEFA is enhanced with borage oil. Rosemary extract has been added for freshness and natural lemon oil for palatability.
Benefits ProEFA®-3.6.9. liquid
- Brain Function
- Reducing Inflammation
- Heart Health
- Fatty Liver
- Bone Health
Omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids are all important dietary fats. Interestingly, each one has a number of health benefits for your body.
However, it’s important to get the right balance of omega-3, -6 and -9 fatty acids in your diet. An imbalance may contribute to a number of chronic diseases.
Omega-3 fats are a crucial part of human cell membranes. They also have a number of other important functions, including:
- Improving heart health: Omega-3 fatty acids can increase “good” HDL cholesterol. They can also reduce triglycerides, blood pressure and the formation of arterial plaques (6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source, 8Trusted Source, 9Trusted Source, 10Trusted Source).
- Supporting mental health: Taking omega-3s can reduce symptoms of depression, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It can also reduce the risk of psychotic disorders for those who are at risk (11Trusted Source, 12Trusted Source, 13Trusted Source, 14Trusted Source, 15Trusted Source).
- Reducing weight and waist size: Omega-3 fats play an important role in weight management and can help reduce waist circumference (16Trusted Source, 17Trusted Source).
- Decreasing liver fat: Consuming omega-3s in your diet can help decrease the amount of fat in your liver (18Trusted Source, 19Trusted Source, 20Trusted Source).
- Supporting infant brain development: Omega-3s are extremely important for brain development in babies (4Trusted Source, 21Trusted Source).
- Fighting inflammation: Omega-3 fats are anti-inflammatory, meaning they can reduce the inflammation in your body that can contribute to a number of chronic diseases (22Trusted Source, 23Trusted Source, 24Trusted Source).
- Preventing dementia: People who eat more fish, which is high in omega-3 fats, tend to have a slower decline in brain function in old age. Omega-3s may also help improve memory in older people (25Trusted Source, 26).
- Promoting bone health: People with higher omega-3 intake and blood levels tend to have better bone mineral density (27Trusted Source, 28Trusted Source).
- Preventing asthma: Omega-3 intake can help reduce symptoms of asthma, especially in early life (29Trusted Source, 30Trusted Source, 31Trusted Source).
Omega-6 fatty acids are essential fatty acids. They are necessary for human health, but the body cannot make them. You have to get them through food. Along with omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function, and normal growth and development. As a type of polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA), omega-6s help stimulate skin and hair growth, maintain bone health, regulate metabolism, and maintain the reproductive system.GLA may actually reduce inflammation. Much of the GLA taken as a supplement is converted to a substance called DGLA that fights inflammation. Having enough of certain nutrients in the body (including magnesium, zinc, and vitamins C, B3, and B6) helps promote the conversion of GLA to DGLA.
What are the health benefits of omega-9 fatty acids?
Omega-9 fatty acids- Research has shown that omega-9 fatty acids, commonly referred to as monounsaturated fatty acids, can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. Because omega-9 fatty acids have been shown to increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol and decrease LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, they help eliminate plaque build- up in the arteries, which causes heart attack and stroke. Omega-9 Canola and Sunflower Oils are uniquely high in monounsaturated (omega-9) fat, as well as low in saturated fat and zero trans fat.
The results of a pilot study, reported in the January/February 2005 issue of Autism-Asperger’s Digest, showed beneficial effects of Nordic Naturals ProEFA on language and learning skills in children with autism and Asperger’s syndrome.
Your body can greatly benefit from omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These substances come from the healthy fats in your diet‚ but can also be taken as a dietary supplement. DHA and EPA are popular types of omega-3 fatty acids‚ while GLA is a common type of omega-6 fatty acid. They’re great for your brain function‚ and they can also help relieve pain by reducing inflammation.
It’s not always easy to keep your levels of essential fatty acids high enough. Since your body can’t produce them naturally‚ it relies on your intake. Nordic Naturals’ ProEFA® has plenty of DHA‚ EPA‚ and GLA to allow your brain and body to function at their best. Its formula is designed to help lift your mood and make your joints feel less achy‚ all with a pleasant lemon taste.
General Nutritional Support
Essential fatty acids, a part of the PUFA family (polyunsaturated fatty acid), are known as the “essential fats”. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are vital to health and can not be reproduced by the human body – they must be obtained from diet.
The Omega-3 long chain fatty acids, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), are found almost uniquely in foods of marine origin. It is the long chain omega-3’s that the body needs to synthesize and ensure proper body function. Clinical studies in the past 30 years have regarded Omega-3 fatty acids as protective, therapeutic and essential for growth and development throughout the human lifecycle (Tadalafil).
Borage oil, an Omega-6 fatty acid derived from the plant, Borage officnalis, is the most concentrated source of GLA (gamma-linolenic acid). GLA is beneficial for skin moisture and has been popularly used by woman suffering from pre-menstrual syndrome.
Omega-3 fatty acids and GLA from Borage Oil as a combined formula may have a calming effect by increasing the amount of the body’s beneficial anti-inflammatory prostaglandins of the series 1 and 3. Omega-3 fatty acids and GLA together provide optimal nutritional support and are “essential” throughout all stages of life.
Pro EFA is an Omega-3 (from fish oil) and Omega-6 (from Borage oil) combination.
Each Teaspoon provides the proper balance of EPA, DHA, and GLA, which are important for proper cell signaling and membrane flexibility. The New ProEFA formulation has been enhanced with advanced lipid stabilizing antioxidants, added vitamin E and has natural lemon oil added.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.