Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org*
- Supports the immune system, mood and memory health*
- Helps support hormones in the body*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Pregnenolone is a natural precursor to over 150 steroid hormones and helps support the immune system, mood and memory.*
What is it
Pregnenolone, 3-alpha-hydroxy-5-beta-pregnen-20-one, is a precursor to over 150 steroid hormones and is produced naturally in the body from cholesterol.
Uses For Pregnenolone
- Memory Support: Animal studies have reported that pregnenolone may help to enhance memory by modulating N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) and gamma aminobutyrate (GABA) receptor activity in the brain. One study suggested that pregnenolone helped promote post-trainingtasklearningandmemory.*
- ImmuneHealth: One study indicated that the 7-hydroxymetabolites from pregnenolone may help promote healthy immune system response.*
- Mood Support: Pregnenolone has been reported to help promote feelings of emotional well-being. One study suggested that pregnenolone supported positive mood and feelings of motivation by mediating dopamine release.*
What Is The Source?
The compound diosgenin is extracted from wild yam and undergoes a proprietary synthetic process to develop the pregnenolone compound. The human body cannot metabolize wild yam into pregnenolone. This process can only take place in a laboratory. Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
This product should not be taken by individuals with healthy levels of pregnenolone.
• PureEncapsulations® recommends 10–30mg daily, with a meal, preferably in the morning or early afternoon.
• Pregnenolone should only be used under the direction and supervision of a health professional.
• Practitioners are advised to test Pregnenolone levels before making the decision to commence supplementation, and to monitor levels if supplementation is initiated, ensuring that proper levels are maintained.
• Pregnenolone is best utilized by individuals over 40,and should not be used to enhance athletic ability or endurance.
Are There Any Precautions Or Potential Side Effects?
- NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
- DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Consult a physician or licensed qualified health professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low “good” cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug.
- Do not exceed the recommended serving.
- Exceeding the recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects.
Potential Side Effects
- Possible side effects include acne, hairloss,hairgrowthontheface (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen.
- Discontinue use and call a physician or licensedqualifiedhealth professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
- When taken at higher levels,irritability, over-stimulationand fatigue have been observed.
- Due to its effects on the GABA receptor in the central nervous system, supplementation with pregnenolone could cause problems in people with a history of seizures.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
- Pregnenolone may inhibit drugs used to increase GABA activity (e.g., Neurontin); these drugs are frequently used in the treatment of epilepsy and depression.*