Synergistic Blend of Additional Botanicals Assist Detoxification
For maintaining seasonal wellness, use Olivirex® in combination with Biocidin®TS Throat Spray.* When addressing long-standing microbial health challenges, use the combined strength of Olivirex® and Biocidin®.*
Olivirex® is an innovative formulation combining standardized olive leaf extract with a synergistic blend of botanicals to enhance the broad-spectrum qualities of olive leaf, and support clearance of toxins.
- Superior olive leaf combination offers broad-spectrum support.
- Highest potency USP grade olive leaf extract available.
- 18-24% Oleuropein.
- Synergistic blend of additional botanicals assist detoxification, which is helpful in decreasing die-off or Herxheimer reaction.
- Contains added immune modulators and adaptogens.
- May be used in combination with Biocidin® to address challenging clinical presentations.
- Often combined with Biocidin® Throat Spray for seasonal wellness.
1-2 capsules 2-3 times per day as needed. For best results take on an empty stomach with 8oz. of water. Additional water throughout the day is recommended.
Olive Leaf extract (organic, minimum 18-24% oleuropein content), 125 mg combination of the following: Garlic (plant), Goldenseal (root), Milk Thistle (seed), St. John’s Wort (plant), Uva Ursi (leaf), American Ginseng (root), Bladderwrack (plant), Cordyceps, Dandelion (root), Noni (dried fruit), White Willow (bark).
Other Ingredients: Rice Flour and Vegetarian Capsule. Certified Organic or wild-crafted sources used whenever possible.
Ingredient Mechanisms of Action
Scientific literature shows that the individual botanicals in Olivirex® have multiple activities. Below are highlights that may account for the outcomes seen in a clinical setting.
Supports Healthy Virome and Microbial Balance –
Olive Leaf is well known for virome and microbial balance, but many other botanicals in Olivirex® also support this important function. Bladderwrack, Dandelion, Garlic, Goldenseal, Milk Thistle, Noni, and St. John’s Wort also play a role.
Immunomodulatory – Olive Leaf, Cordyceps, Noni fruit, and American Ginseng all support a healthy immune response.
Activates Drainage Pathways – Healthy liver and kidney function are essential for managing the flow of toxins, including those produced by unfavorable microbes in the body. Bladderwrack, Dandelion, and Uva Ursi have diuretic action that naturally supportsthese pathways, easing detoxification and helping to prevent die-off reactions.
Hepatoprotective – Milk Thistle and Dandelion are well known and researched to support healthy liver function.
Supports Healthy Inflammatory Response –
Almost all of the botanicals in this formula are able to positively impact inflammatory response by modulating cytokine activity.
Adaptogen – American Ginseng and Cordyceps promote both healthy adrenals and the HPA axis.
What You Should Know About Using Botanicals
There are several important things to know before using professional strength botanicals:
- These are much more potent than natural food or supplement store formulas, so more is not better. A gradual increase in dosage from a very small starting amount is advised, unless you are dealing with an acute issue. Your practitioner will tailor the increase in usage over time to your particular situation.
- There may be a die-off or Herxheimer-type reaction, so you may need tools to “mop up” pro-inflammatory byproducts of biofilm breakdown. We use a specialized clay and charcoal blend called G.I. Detox + to accomplish this. You may also need to be on a therapeutic diet in order to return to a healthy balance. Many use a low FODMAP or similar fermentable-saccharide and trigger-food-eliminating diet for this reason.
- Working with a certified Functional Medicine practitioner is often helpful in order to pinpoint the culprit through thorough initial lab testing and follow up. Your practitioner can also provide specific dietary recommendations and will be able to make sure you get the support you need.
- It may take 6-12 months or longer for lab values to normalize. For instance, although 70% of SIBO patients reported symptoms greatly improved or completely resolved after the Biocidin® protocol was used in our 8-week SIBO pilot study, lab values of hydrogen and methane in the breath test still showed a need to continue for longer than the 8-week trial period in order to complete the pathogen clearance and avoid symptom recurrence. Some may need to continue to monitor their diet and we recommend the use of the Bioclear Cleansing Program product bundle annually to ensure that the system stays in optimal balance.
- These botanical nutritional supplements are not meant to cure, treat, or prevent any disease. They are very commonly used as a nutritional support during treatment but are not meant to replace any medically accepted treatment plan. They are designed for use under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Biocidin® or Biocidin® LSF – Broad spectrum antimicrobial herbal combination used to address both GI-local and global/systemic challenges. Ingredients: Bilberry extract, Noni, Milk Thistle, Echinacea, Goldenseal, Shiitake, White Willow Bark, Garlic, Grapeseed extract, Black Walnut, Raspberry, Fumitory, Gentian, Tea Tree oil, Galbanum oil, Lavender oil, Oregano oil.
Olivirex® – High Potency Olive Leaf extract with a synergistic combination of botanicals to assist detoxification and support the body’s defenses. Ingredients: 375 mg Olive Leaf extract (organic, minimum 18-24% oleuropein content), 125 mg combination of the following: Garlic, Goldenseal, Milk Thistle, St. John’s Wort, Uva Ursi, American Ginseng, Bladderwrack, Cordyceps, Dandelion, Noni, White Willow Bark.
GI Detox + – A powerful binding agent blend to mop up and remove toxins, which can help lessen die-off or Herxheimer-type reactions. Ingredients: Zeolite clay, activated charcoal, Aloe Vera, MMST Silica, apple pectin, Humic/Fulvic acid blend.
Proflora 4R™ – Restorative Probiotic Combination with Spore forming strain and botanicals to assist in repairing the intestinal lining. Ingredients: 3 Billion Spore Forming Cells (Bacillus subtilis, HU58™, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus clausii), Quercetin (Patented form QU995 is 170 times more bioavailable than regular quercetin), Marshmallow Root, Aloe Vera 200:1 extract.
Biotonic™ – Adaptogenic and digestive tonifying combination of traditional Chinese herbs (organically grown and tested for purity) which supports nutrient absorption and HPA axis balance without common adaptogenic nightshade herbs. Ingredients: Astragalus, Sweet Wormwood, Eleuthero Ginseng, Chinese Knotweed, Ginger, Wild Yam, Atractylodes, Poria Mushroom, Codonopsis, Peony, Curcuma, Tangerine Peel, Licorice Root.