Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org*
- Supports G.I. motility*
- Stimulates gut signaling neurons*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
MotilPro promotes advanced gut signaling for healthy gut motility. MotilPro supports serotonergic and cholinergic neurotransmission, which stimulates healthy gut motility.*
MotilPro supports serotonergic and cholinergic neurotransmission in the GI tract. 5-HTP is absorbed by enterochromaffin cells in the epithelium, in which it is decarboxylated to serotonin using pyridoxal 5’ phosphate as a cofactor.
- 5-HTP stimulates enteric neurons through activation of 5HT4 receptors.
- Ginger modulates serotonin signaling by additional 5HT4 stimulation and by binding type 3 (5HT3) receptors in the enteric nervous system and brain stem, supporting gastric emptying, intestinal transit, healthy visceral sensation and upper GI comfort.
- Acetyl-l-carnitine supports autonomic neuronal health and contributes acetyl groups for the synthesis of acetylcholine, supporting neurotransmission of signals to encourage healthy motility.
Uses For MotilPro
G.I. Motility: Proper gastrointestinal motility is essential for optimal rates of nutrient and fluid absorption, elimination of toxins and overall abdominal comfort. GI motility is regulated by over 100 million neurons embed- ded in the walls of the GI tract. Collectively known as the enteric nervous system, or the “gut brain,” these neurons communicate by way of numerous neurotransmitters and neurohormones to coordinate smooth muscle contraction.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 3-6 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.
What Is The Source?
Ginger extract is derived from Zingiber officinale root and standardized to contain 5% gingerols. 5-Hydroxytryptophan is derived from Griffonia simplic- ifolia seed. Pyridoxal-5-phosphate (activated B6) and acetyl-l-carnitine are synthetic. Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. 5-HTP and acetyl-l-carnitine have been associated with gastrointestinal upset and skin rash in some sensitive individuals. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
5-HTP is contra-indicated with SSRI medications or MAO inhibitors. Ginger may be contra-indicated with blood thinning medications. Consult your physician for more information.