Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org*
- Highly bioavailable magnesium chelate*
- Supports metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Magnesium (glycinate) is a highly bioavailable magnesium chelate, which supports the metabolism and utilization of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats for energy. Magnesium (glycinate) helps activate enzymes for physiological functions including cardiac health.*
According to research published by the American Physiology Society, magnesium supplements have been shown to help with:
- chronic pain
- heart disease
One of the supplements often used for deficiency of this nutrient is magnesium glycinate, which is magnesium bound to glycine. This type of supplement has very good absorption levels. That means your body can make the most of it once it’s ingested.
Magnesium glycinate has been shown to have a variety of benefits, including the following:
- It has a calming effect on your brain due to the presence of glycine.
- It can help relieve anxiety and promote better sleep.
- It helps keep bones strong by maintaining healthy bone density.
- It helps control blood sugar in people with diabetes and may lower the risk of developing diabetes.
- It decreases abnormal heart rhythms.
- It reduces premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms.
Additional Benefits of Magnesium
- Bone Health: Magnesium is an essential bone matrix mineral that promotes healthy bone metabolism. A trial involving 2,038 older individuals indicated that higher intakes of magnesium were positively associated with bone mineralization for certain individuals.*
- Cardiovascular Support: Magnesium provides broad-spectrum cardiovascular support, including arterial function, endothelial function, c-reactive protein metabolism and lipid metabolism. A meta-analysis of 20 randomized trials suggests that it also promotes healthy systolic and diastolic function. In addition, magnesium promotes healthy glucose metabolism. In one 15-year study involving 4,637 young adults, higher intakes of magnesium were associated with healthy cardiovascular function and glucose utilization.
- Magnesium also plays important roles in muscle function, mood and calming, and cranial vessel comfort
- What Is The Source?
Symptoms of magnesium deficiency may include:
- loss of appetite
- tingling and muscle cramps and contractions
- abnormal heart rhythms
- damage to nerve cells, which can lead to depression
Magnesium deficiency can cause other mineral deficiencies, as all minerals work together at keeping the body healthy.