HistDAO 60 Capsules by Xymogen
Xymogen’s patented HistDAO is an enzyme formulation supplying DOA (diamine oxidase). DAO is the primary enzyme responsible in regard to the degradation associated with ingested histamine contained in many foods that we eat. This particular enzyme has been analyzed clinically and found to break down histamine derived from food within the digestive tract. DAO isn’t absorbed and doesn’t possess systemic activity.
HistDAO doesn’t deal with or address IgE-related or antibody-related food allergic reactions.
Clinical Application of HistDAO by Xymogen
1. Supports histamine intolerance*
2. Degrades in a healthy manner the histamine derived from consumed foods*
3. Supports the enhancement of the existence of diamine oxidase within the Digestive Tract *
Suggested Use: Consume 1 to 2 capsules not exceeded by 15 minutes before eating foods rich in histamine, or as instructed by your healthcare professional.
Cause of Histamine Intolerance
- We could have a genetic SNP in the DAO or HNMT enzyme- this is where the enzyme doesn’t work the way it should-
- Gluten intolerance
- Foods High in Histamine
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies needed for enzyme activation
- MTHFR- genetic mutation that can cause inflammation
- DAO-blocking foods: alcohol, energy drinks, and tea, etc
- Inflammation- maybe you have Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- LPS bacteria- LPS bacteria can also cause a Leaky gut and are linked to autoimmune diseases.
- Medications: these may be from medications like
- Anti-inflammatories such (ibuprofen, aspirin),
- Anti-depressants (Cymbalta, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft)
- Anti-histamines (Allegra, Zyrtec, Benadryl)
- Immune suppressants such (Humira, Enbrel, Plaquenil)- these are mediations people who have Rheumatoid arthritis, or inflammatory bowel disease (Ulcerative colitis, or Crohns disease)
- Histamine (H2) blockers (Tagamet, Pepcid, Zantac)
Many of these drugs will either release excess histamine or will block the enzyme (DAO) that breaks down histamine.