Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org*
- Supports gastrointestinal health*
- Promotes healthy bowel movement frequency*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
- Convenient powder formula for easy dispensing
G.I. Fortify (capsules)* are a blend of high-impact fiber, herbs and nutrients to support overall gastrointestinal function and health. G.I. Fortify (capsules)* specifically support the function, microflora balance, cellular health and detoxification of the G.I. tract.*
√ Supports short chain fatty acid (SCFA) production to promote a healthy G.I. environment, microflora balance, and colon cell health*
√ Promotes healthy intestinal cellular integrity and enhances the protective mucosal lining with l-glutamine, an important energy source for the G.I. tract in times of stress or increased metabolic demand*
√ Enhances healthy G.I. detoxification with fiber and chlorella*
What Is It?
Uses For G.I. Fortify (capsules)
G.I. Motility: Psyllium, Plantago indica or blond psyllium, is a valued source of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber increases stool volume when taken with appropriate amounts of water, supporting larger and softer stools for healthy bowel movements. As the bulk moves through the intestine, it helps to collect and eliminate other waste and toxins from the intestinal walls. This helps to minimize the amount of exposure of the gastrointestinal tract to toxins. Flaxseeds provide a source of lignans, fatty acids, and both soluble and insoluble fibers, enhancing the gut health potential of this complex.*
G.I. Integrity: l-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body. In times of stress or increased metabolic demand, glutamine is an especially important source of energy for the G.I. tract.
In the gut, glutamine maintains healthy integrity of the intestinal tract and enhances the protective mucosal lining. This helps to ensure proper nutrient utilization and absorption while limiting the amount of toxins that pass through the intestinal barrier.*
G.I. Cell Health: Soluble fiber is fermented in the large intestines by intestinal microflora, producing short chain fatty acids (SCFAs).
SCFAs are extremely important energy sources for the colon and have protective effects for healthy colon cell function. Furthermore, SCFAs keep the intestinal environment acidic, providing optimal conditions for lactobacillus and other beneficial bacteria to thrive.
The fiber content of flax seed provides additional support for healthy intestinal function, microflora balance, and overall colon health.
The ability of lignans to support colon cell health has been reported in numerous studies and may be due in part to antioxidant protection and the ability to promote healthy beta-glucuronidase activity and detoxification.
Chlorella, the most studied “green food”, is traditionally celebrated for its digestive and cleansing properties. Furthermore, its nutrient rich matrix includes vitamins, minerals, protein, carotenoids, and flavone compounds to support cellular health.*
- psyllium husk powder is derived from Plantago indica and flaxseed powder is derived from Linum usitatissimum.
- l-Glutamine (free form) is derived from the fermentation of vegetables.
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice extract is derived from Glycyrrhiza glabra root. Marshmallow root extract is derived from
- Althaea officinalis. Aloe vera extract (200:1) is derived from the inner fillet of Aloe barbadensis.
- Slippery elm extract is derived from Ulmus fulva bark.
- Triphala is a blend of Terminalia chebula, Terminalia belerica, and Embilica officinalis fruit extracts.
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 3-6 capsules daily, in divided doses, with a meal and 8-12 oz. water. Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?