Emotional Wellness combines amino acids, herbs and vitamin cofactors to promote healthy emotional well-being and cognitive function while moderating occasional stress. 5-hydroxytryptophan and l-tyrosine are key precursors for the synthesis of several neurotransmitters responsible for a healthy emotional outlook, including serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine.
These neurotransmitters are involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity in addition to sleep/wake cycles.1 Research suggests that l-tyrosine may also support cognitive function and memory under stressful conditions.2
A healthy level of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA is also associated with positive mood.3 Research suggests that both GABA and l-theanine enhance alpha wave production in the brain, promoting relaxation.4,5
Complementary support for relaxation is provided by passionflower, while Rhodiola rosea supports cognitive and mental function under stressful conditions.6,7 Vitamin B6 is a cofactor that plays an important role in supporting positive emotional health.8‡
- Banderet LE, Lieberman HR. Brain Res Bull. 1989 Apr;22(4):759-62.
- Thomas JR, et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1999 Nov;64(3):495-500.
- Sanacora G, et al. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2004 Jul;61(7):705-13.
- Abdou AM, et al.Biofactors. 2006;26(3):201-8.
- Song CH, et al. Korean J Nutr. 2003 Nov;36(9):918-923.
- Movafegh A, et al. Anesth Analg. 2008 Jun;106(6):1728-32. doi: 10.1213/ane.0b013e318172c3f9.
- Spasov AA, et al. Phytomedicine. 2000 Apr;7(2):85-9.
- Wyatt KM, et al. BMJ. 1999 May 22; 318(7195): 1375–1381.
Benefits & Features
- Promotes positive mood and healthy emotional outlook‡
- Supports cognitive function and memory under stressful conditions‡
- Promotes relaxation and healthy sleep/wake cycles‡
- A blend of amino acids, herbs and vitamin cofactors
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Emotional and mental well-being‡
- Support for occasional stress‡
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, between meals.