Support for the natural production of dopamine*
DopaBoost caps is designed to support the body’s natural production of dopamine, one of the body’s primary catecholamines. Dopamine is essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system, and it is associated with attention, learning, movement, balance, and mood regulation.* The primary ingredient in DopaBoost is Mucuna pruriens, a botanical that naturally contains L-Dopa, the metabolic precursor to dopamine, which can cross the blood-brain barrier. Additional ingredients include epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg), acetyl-L-tyrosine, quercetin, and vitamin B6, all selected for their synergistic roles in the production and regulation of dopamine.*
DopaBoost caps is designed to support the body’s natural production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter essential for the normal functioning of the central nervous system.* Dopamine is associated with attention, learning, movement, balance, and mood regulation. It is frequently referred to as part of the brain’s “reward” system, as it can help promote a positive outlook, motivation, and balanced moods.
Dopamine exerts many of its effects in the central nervous system, but it does not cross the blood-brain barrier. Therefore, the way to raise dopamine levels in the brain is to provide precursor nutrients and other supportive compounds that do cross into the brain, where dopamine can then be synthesized from them.
The primary ingredient in DopaBoost caps is Mucuna pruriens, a botanical compound that naturally contains
L-DOPA, a precursor to dopamine which can cross the blood-brain barrier.* Additional ingredients include EGCg (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), acetyl L-tyrosine, quercetin and vitamin B6, all selected for their synergistic roles in the production and regulation of dopamine.*
• Mucuna pruriens – A tropical plant that is a natural source of L-DOPA, the metabolic precursor to
dopamine. The Mucuna material in DopaBoost™ is standardized to contain an extremely potent 60% L-DOPA.*
• EGCg (from green tea extract) – An antioxidant with brain-protective properties. The polyphenols in green
tea offer neuroprotective effects and help to increase the availability of dopamine.*
• Quercetin – A flavonoid present in many fruits and vegetables – it’s responsible for the bold pigments in red
apples, red onions, grapes and dark berries. Quercetin naturally inhibits the activities of two enzymes—COMT
(catechol-o-methyl transferase) and MAO (monoamine oxidase)—which are involved in the metabolism and
breakdown of dopamine. Quercetin works synergistically with Mucuna pruriens and EGCg to help preserve
• N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine – Tyrosine is the amino acid from which dopamine is synthesized. (Neurotransmitters,
such as dopamine, serotonin and epinephrine, are made from amino acid building blocks.)*
• Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P) – Vitamin B6 in its metabolically active form. P5P is an essential cofactor
for the enzyme that converts L-DOPA to dopamine, as well as converting 5-HTP to serotonin, another
“feel good” neurotransmitter that helps with a positive mental outlook. Other roles for P5P include healthy
metabolism of proteins, proper hormone signaling, and synthesis of heme, the portion of hemoglobin that
carries oxygen in the blood. For these reasons, adequate B6 levels may help maintain steady energy levels.*
DopaBoost caps may support*:
• Neurological health
• Coordination and balance
• Restful sleep
• Balanced moods; positive mental outlook
• Healthy cognitive function; memory & learning
• Motivation; goal attainment
• Fine motor control
Recommended Use: Take 2 capsules per day or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.