Chromium Synergy caps
Natural support for healthy blood sugar regulation & insulin sensitivity*
Chromium Synergy caps is a blend of nutrients designed to support healthy blood sugar regulation and an optimal response to insulin.* This product is provided in a base of cinnamon powder, with cinnamon being well regarded for assisting in glycemic control.* Chromium is a trace mineral required for proper functioning of the insulin receptor. As such, inadequate chromium levels may result in suboptimal blood sugar control and impaired insulin sensitivity.
Chromium is found in small amounts in a wide variety of foods. Whole grains are a rich source, but the refining and stripping of nutrients during processing means that many grain-based food products do not contain their original chromium content, and people may be consuming less chromium in modern times than was present when the human diet was predominantly whole, unrefined foods. Thus, individuals looking to support healthy regulation of glucose levels may benefit from supplemental chromium.
• Vanadium – a trace mineral that acts synergistically with chromium to support healthy blood sugar control. Vanadium enhances the action of insulin by improving insulin sensitivity in liver and muscle cells, while inhibiting some of the enzymes involved in the body’s endogenous creation of glucose from other compounds (a process called gluconeogenesis). Most foods are low in vanadium (sources include black pepper, dill seeds, mushrooms, parsley, and shellfish), so supplementation may be helpful for individuals who need occasional
help managing their blood sugar.*
• Manganese – a mineral required as a cofactor for enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism and maintaining healthy blood glucose levels. Manganese is also used in superoxide dismutase (SOD), one of the body’s most important internal antioxidants. SOD is critical for protecting mitochondria from oxidative damage, which may intermittently become excessive when blood sugar is poorly controlled.
• Taurine, Zinc, Vitamin D – nutrients and amino acids with properties that support insulin sensitivity, healthy
regulation of glucose, and other biochemical processes in the body
The minerals in this product – chromium, manganese, vanadium and zinc – are all true chelates. Chelated minerals provide superior absorption, retention, and bioavailability compared to other forms, and they do not compete or interfere with other minerals for absorption in the body.
• Supports healthy blood sugar levels
• Promotes insulin sensitivity
• Provides important minerals and antioxidants for optimal metabolism
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.