CarminaGest is a powerful digestive support formula containing herbal bitters designed to optimize healthy digestion and help reduce occasional gastrointestinal discomfort after meals, such as gas, bloating, and excessive fullness.* This product is ideal for individuals who are sensitive to supplementation with hydrochloric acid (HCl) (i.e., stomach acid) and for vegetarians and vegans who may benefit from digestive support, but who prefer to avoid animal-sourced digestive enzymes. (Many digestive support products contain enzymes and bile of animal origin, and CarminaGest™ is completely free of these ingredients and contains solely plant-based compounds.)
Proper digestive function lays the foundation for physical and mental health. The body is dependent on a steady supply of macroand micronutrients (protein, fat, carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals) that must be liberated from the food you eat and then properly absorbed into the body. Proper timing, strength and secretion of stomach acid, gastric juices and pancreatic enzymes set the stage for effective nutrient absorption and also support immune function by neutralizing foodborne pathogens early in the digestive process. Hippocrates was close to the mark when he said that all disease begins in the gut, but actions in the
intestines are influenced first by what occurs in the stomach.
CarminaGest features compounds with long histories of effective use in herbal and complementary
medicine around the world:
• Ginger: The spicy warmth of ginger comes from gingerol and shogaol, compounds called gingeroids. These
compounds are responsible for most of ginger’s beneficial effects on digestion, such as ameliorating occasional indigestion, bloating, belching, and discomfort after meals.*
• Fennel: Enhances activity of the natural digestive enzymes in the small intestine, which may help reduce occasional stomach discomfort and bloating, and also supports bowel regularity.*
• Dandelion: Dandelion tea has long been employed for occasional upset stomach and indigestion. Dandelion root supports proper timing of the digestive process so that food does not pass too quickly or too slowly through the GI tract, which may result in occasional constipation or diarrhea. Dandelion also stimulates healthy flow of bile, involved in digestion of dietary fats.*
• Gentian: Supports healthy bile flow and may help relieve occasional upset stomach or heartburn after eating, flatulence, and feeling full after eating a small amount of food.*
• Lemon balm: Helps calm occasional discomfort associated with indigestion, gas and bloating. Lemon balm is also widely recognized for promoting calm throughout the body by supporting the parasympathetic nervous system—the“rest and digest” part of the mind-body connection responsible for healthy digestion.*
These herbal bitters and carminatives have been used for centuries to facilitate digestion and help relieve occasional digestive and gastrointestinal distress, and modern science has validated these applications. Best known for their use in aperitifs and digestifs served before and after meals, evidence indicates that even when the bitter flavors are not tasted in the mouth, receptors for bitter compounds are present in the stomach and small intestine, which accounts for why these compounds are effective even when provided in capsules, such as in CarminaGest.
The ingredients in this product help support the timely passage of food through the GI tract partly by stimulating proper contraction of the stomach muscles and facilitating entry of food into the small intestine. They also increase secretion of the body’s own digestive enzymes, have powerful antioxidant effects and support a healthy inflammatory response.*
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.