Natural support for detoxification*
Amino-D-Tox caps is useful for preparing the liver for phase II detoxification. It does not contain botanicals, minerals, or B vitamins that would also upregulate phase I detoxification, which may result in intermediate metabolites that could cause sensitivity reactions. Providing nutritional support for phase II detoxification helps conjugate toxins and prepare them for safe elimination from the body.*
Amino-D-Tox caps is formulated to help support a healthy, safe detoxification process in the body.* In today’s modern, industrialized world, we come into contact with an endless array of harmful substances, such as pesticides, fabric and upholstery treatments, industrial solvents, heavy metals, body care products, plus workplace exposure to hazardous chemicals. In addition to neutralizing the effects of these substances, the liver also has the job of metabolizing and detoxifying prescription and over-the-counter medications. As if all
that wasn’t enough, the liver detoxifies not only compounds from outside the body, but also ones we produce inside us, as normal, natural byproducts of our own metabolism—including the breaking down of foods and the degradation of hormones.
How detoxification works
We can think of the liver like a factory with two shifts. The first shift (Phase I) receives raw materials, processes them, and sends them on to the second shift (Phase II). However, some of the products that pass through the first shift are more harmful than the raw materials they started out as. So the second shift, or Phase II, needs to be functioning optimally in order to quickly get rid of these new, more damaging substances. If the liver’s detoxification pathways become overwhelmed, this can lead to an unwanted build-up of toxins in the body.
The unique blend of nutrients in Amino-D-Tox caps is specifically designed to support Phase II actions without stimulating Phase I, thereby ensuring Phase II is primed to function efficiently before ramping up Phase I.
• Taurine, methionine, MSM, & N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC): sulfur-containing amino acids and compounds, which support the sulfation pathway of detoxification. Think of sulfur as an ‘escort’ the liver uses to tag ertain toxins for removal from the body. This pathway requires sufficient sulfur to function optimally.
• Glutathione: the body’s master antioxidant and free-radical scavenger, aided by glutamine & NAC
• Calcium-D-Glucarate: supports the glucuronidation pathway and inhibits an enzyme that can undo Phase II detoxification in the colon. Glucuronic acid, which is part of this pathway, is another of the liver’s escort molecules that binds to toxins and aids in their excretion.
Amino-D-Tox caps is a perfect addition to any detox program. It’s great for anyone who wants support for Phase II
detoxification pathways, and may even be used in preparation for an intensive detoxification/cleansing protocol.
Potential Benefits of Detoxification*
• Healthy energy and vitality
• Proper weight management
• Healthy skin and hair
• Restful sleep
• Reduced brain fog/clear thinking
• The establishment of efficient metabolic pathways in the liver for optimal health
Recommended Use: Take 6 capsules per day between meals or as directed by your health-care practitioner.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.