Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org*
- Promotes enhanced serotonin levels*
- May improve emotional well-being, appetite control and sleep/wake cycles*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) encourages increased serotonin levels in the brain to promote a heightened state of emotional well-being, support appetite control and sleep/wake cycles.*
- Emotional Well-Being: Two open trials and a double blind comparative investigation indicate that 5-HTP provides promising support for emotional well-being. Additional studies indicate similar potential for support.
- Appetite And Weight Management Support: 5-HTP has been shown to help moderate appetite and food cravings in study participants.
- Cranial Vessel Comfort: In several trials, including one that involved over 100 subjects, 5-HTP has demonstrated the ability to promote healthy cranial vessel comfort and function.*
What Is The Source?
5-HTP is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant. Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 50-300 mg per day, in divided doses, before meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. 5-HTP may cause gastrointestinal upset in sensitive individuals.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Do not use concurrently with SSRI medications or MAO inhibitors.