Skip to content
Roasted Garlic Parsnip Puree
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ¼ tsp olive oil, divided
- sea salt to taste
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 apples or pears
- 6 cups parsnips, diced
- 1 Tbsp ghee, divided
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place garlic on a piece of parchment paper – large enough to wrap around the garlic cloves. Drizzle with ¼ tsp olive oil and a small pinch of sea salt.
- Wrap parchment paper around the seasoned garlic and then wrap that in a piece of tin foil. Foil should cover parchment entirely.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat and melt 1 tsp ghee with olive oil and sauté onions, apple or pears and parsnips for 5-6 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Add water. Stir and bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to low and cook covered 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done, parsnips should be fork tender and almost all the liquid will be absorbed.
- Add coconut milk, roasted garlic and remaining ghee and sea salt to taste.
- Blend with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in chopped parsley just before serving.