Coconut Breaded Cod
For the salsa:
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
For the fish:
- 24 ounces cod fillets, cut into 2 inch thick strips
- 1 ½ cups coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Wash, dry, and debone the cod fillets.
- Combine the coconut flour, ginger powder and salt on a plate or shallow bowl. Place the coconut milk in another shallow bowl, as well as the shredded coconut.
- Dip the cod strips into the coconut milk, then the coconut flour mixture, back into the coconut milk, and finally into the shredded coconut, paying special attention to creating a thick breading.
- Heat the coconut oil in the bottom of a skillet on medium-high heat. When it is hot, cook the cod strips for five minutes a side depending on thickness of the fish, or until the top and bottom are nice and browned and the fish is cooked throughout. Once the cod strips are in the pan, try not to fuss with them too much – because there is no egg in the breading, they are a little delicate. Serve topped with mango salsa.