Sweet Potato Chips
Yield 4 servings
Here the baked sweet potato chips are simply served with lime wedges, but feel free to serve them with your favorite dip: salsa, mayonnaise, guacamole, salsa verde etc…
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/8- inch thick slices
- olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Lightly coat the sweet potato slices with olive oil
- Line the slices on baking sheets, making sure the slices don’t touch.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes, turning them once, until the edges are nice and crisp.
- Remove the sweet potato chips from the oven and sprinkle them immediately with the sea salt.
- Serve the chips with lime wedges, if desired.
NOTE: For a sweet treat, substitute jicama slices for the sweet potatoe slices!