Coconut Breaded Chicken
Yield 4 servings
These are great with a garlic and herb flavored mayonnaise or with mustard.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the coconut flakes with the coconut flour in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in another bowl.
- Now coat the chicken strips in the egg mixture and then in the coconut mixture before frying them in a frying pan with some cooking fat until golden brown
Note: If you cannot eat eggs, you may substitute homemade mayonnaise. If using homemade mayonnaise, this recipe is better baked than fried.