Paleo Chicken Nuggets From Health-Bent
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 c + 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c desiccated coconut*
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl combine 1/4 c almond flour, 1/2 c desiccated coconut and some Salt and Pepper. Mix it around with your hands. In a separate bowl, combine the ground chicken, 1/2 c almond flour, onion & garlic powders, egg yolk and some S&P. Mix it with your hands until everything has been incorporated.
- In a sauté pan, melt the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Take about 2 tablespoons worth of the chicken mixture and roll into the shape of a ball. Drop it into the almond/coconut mixture and roll the chicken ball around with the fingers. Make sure it’s completely coated. Repeat with the rest of the chicken. Place in the sauté pan and cook on each side until nice and brown. I did 3 batches for 1 pound of chicken.
*Desiccated coconut is dried, finely shredded, unsweetened meat of the coconut. It’s the perfect size to replicate a bread crumb. If you can’t find it at your natural foods grocery store, you can always order it from Amazon.