Skip to content
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated lemon peel)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brandy
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 mashed banana
- Fresh blueberries
- Fill a small sauce pan half way with water.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat down so that the water is just simmering.
- In a metal mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, lemon zest, sprinkle of cinnamon, brandy, and water.
- Place the bowl on top of the sauce pan with simmering water.
- Make sure you bowl is big enough that it does not rest down into the sauce pan and touch the water but that only the steam from the water is heating the bowl.
- Using a hand held mixer, beat the egg yolk mixture on low for 10 minutes. The mixture will become pale and frothy and triple in size.
- When it’s finished, it will be a foamy, creamy, very thin custard – not thick at all.
- Remove immediately from heat after 10 minutes of mixing.
- In a martini glass, spoon in a couple small spoonful’s of mashed banana and top with a few blueberries.
- Spoon in some of the Zabaglione and drizzle on a bit of honey.
- Add a few more blueberries, another layer of the Zabaglione, a few more blueberries, and another drizzle of honey.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve while it’s still warm.