There is a lot of debate about which thyroid medicine you should take. There are those who say that synthetic medications, like Synthroid are superior. You also have those who say that natural medications, like Armour are always better. Both sides go to extremes in claiming the superiority of their medication and the inferiority of the competitor. What is the difference between synthetic and natural thyroid medications?
The main difference is what they are made from. Synthetic thyroid medications are made from levothyroxine sodium while natural thyroid medications are made from dessicated pig thyroid. The other major difference is what thyroid hormones they contain.
Most synthetic thyroid medicines, like Synthroid, contain only T4. The natural medications, like Armour contain both T4 and T3. There is a synthetic T3 medication available called Cytomel.
Some people take both a synthetic T4 and a synthetic T3 medication to get both thyroid hormones. There is also one synthetic thyroid medication that contains both T4 and T3 called Thyrolar.
Dr Hagmeyer Which Thyroid Hormone Is The Best? Watch my latest video….. You May be Surprised at what I have to say about this.
Other Articles you may find interesting.
- Women with PCOS Often Have Hidden Hashimoto’s Autoimmune Thyroiditis
- Normal Thyroid Lab Tests? 6 Thyroid Patterns that Wont Show up on Standard Lab Testing
- Battling Fibromyalgia ? CFS Fibromyalgia and Thyroid. Dr Richard Hagmeyer Naperville Institute For Neuro Metabolic Solutions Naperville IL
- Natural Treatment Methods for Hashimotos Hypothyroidism|Dr Richard Hagmeyer
The Personal Program Thyroid Recovery Program is a Natural Treatment for Thyroid Problems
Our office utilizes nutritional supplements, Dietary modifications, Nutritional Counseling, Advanced Testing, Hormone and endocrine support formula, Dietary assessment, and lifestyle guidance.
The Personal Program Thyroid Recovery Program is a Natural Treatment for Low Thyroid function, Hypothyroidism, Hyper thyroidism and Hashimoto’s problems. Our office utilizes nutritional supplements, Dietary modifications, Hormone and endocrine support formula, and lifestyle guidance.
- To Schedule aFree 15 minute Phone Consultto see if this program is right for you Fill out ouronline questionnaire
- If you’re ready to get started and schedule an appointment take a moment and fill out our contact us form and in the comment box let us know what time of the day works best to contact you. One of our New Patient Coordinators will contact you with the next available new patient opening within 24-48 hours. You can also call us at 630-718-0555
- Still have questions? Our Free 15 minute personalized Phone consult is a great place to start.
We’re here to listen and help you through this frustrating and confusing time.
Each person suffering with Thyroid symptoms problem has a different set of mechanisms or causes. Our office will customize a Thyroid Restoration Program based on your testing and tailored to your individual needs.