Gluten Free Molten Lava Cake
Yield 4 servings
- 4 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (plus a little more for greasing the ramekins)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease four 6oz ramekins with coconut oil. If you wish to serve these cakes on a plate, you will need to flour as well (use coconut flour, blanched almond flour, or cocoa powder).
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler (if you don’t have one place a smaller pan in a larger one filled a quarter of the way with water). Stir until smooth and let cool.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar with a hand mixer until light and frothy, about five minutes (this can seem like an eternity with a hand mixer, but hang in there because it’s worth it!).
- Pour egg mixture over chocolate. Sift cocoa and coconut flour over the top. Then gently fold all the ingredients together.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins (they should be filled to within 1/2″ of the top). Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven (you can chill the ramekins for a few hours if you want to make them ahead of time, just make sure you bring them back to room temperature before baking). Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!