Vitamix Acorn Squash Soup
Yield 4 cups
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 medium acorn squash, cooked, peeled, seeded
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a strong chef’s knife, and perhaps a rubber mallet to help, cut the acorn squash in half, lengthwise, from stem to end. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and stringy stuff in the center of each half. Place each half in a baking pan, cut side up. Add about a 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the baking pan so that the skins don’t burn and the squash doesn’t get dried out.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.