So my wife played this trick on me. I absolutely hate (strong word) Liver. As a Kid diagnosed with anemia, My parents made me eat liver while tears would stream down my face. This went on several times a week until I was no longer anemic.
But my wife decided it was important that we find a way to get our kids to eat liver. This is what she came across. I will tell you that I absolutely loved them… Until I found they had liver in them LOL. Give them a try and see what you think. Even if you hate Liver. YOU WILL LOVE THESE BURGERS!
- 1lb ground Beef (grass fed, if you have it)
- 1lb ground Bison (also grass fed, if you have it)
- 12 slices of Bacon
- 8 ounces Calf Liver, sliced and frozen (preferably grass fed)
- 1 Small Yellow onion diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
Our toppings (use whatever you like):
- 1 fried egg for each burger
- 2 slices of ham for each burger
- Other ideas: like avocado, cheese, homemade mayo.
- Fry the bacon strips,
- Chop up 6-8 of them and set the rest aside for the tops of the burgers
- Use your blender on the “chop ice” setting and put the liver in and blend it till there are no more chunks,
- Chop until it looks like ground beef.
- Take the chopped liver, and mix it with the bison, hamburger, bacon, onion , and your spices.
- Form the patties depending on how thick you like them,
- Cook them on the grill like you would any other Burger.
- Top with ham, bacon, sauerkraut, mustard, and an over-medium fried egg.